Wednesday 9 January 2013

Green tea - What doesn't it do?

As inspired by the conversation on my page this morning. I'm going to talk about this stuff.....


Yes.....Green tea. I'm sure some of you already know some things about it but you might learn something new from this post.  

I'm going to tell you a few things you may/or may not know about it.

1. Weight loss. (This is why I drink it.) It increases your metabolism.  The polyphenol found in green tea intensifies levels of fat oxidation and the rate your body turns food into calories.

2. Diabetes. Green tea apparently, helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of glucose levels after eating. This can prevent insulin spikes and resulting in fat storage.

3. Heart disease. Scientists think, green tea works on lining the blood vessels, helping to keep them relaxed enough to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect from the formation of clots, the primary cause of heart attacks.

4. Depression. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in leaves. This is thought to have a relaxing and tranquillising effect.

5. Skincare. Green tea can help with signs of ageing. This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Trials have shown this, when applied to the skin can reduce sun damage.

It also isn't (unlike tea and coffee) a diuretic. So it's hydrating too! I personally had about 5 cups of the stuff today! It tastes a little weird at first, but I got used to it. 

You can also buy different flavours of it....Lemon, Fennel Etc. 

There are a lot more reasons. But I don't want to blind you with science.

I would recommend it to everyone!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment